A big thanks to Alex for hosting the blogfest!As most of us bloggers know there are is a plethora of bad movies out there. One would dare to say that there are more bad movies than good ones, which is why the good ones stand out so much. However, most bad movies have some redeemable quality: good effects, acting, action, visuals, etc. The movies I've listed below are completely beyond redemption, in my humble opinion.
|The Gas-X is on the table.|
|Is this movie as terrible as they say? Why yes, it is.|
|Unfortunately for my namesake all that glitters is NOT gold.|
8. Glitter - I'm sorry to have to mention my namesake Mariah Carey, but I must. Glitter was an atrocity. Thankfully, Mariah has since recovered musically and otherwise. She completely redeemed herself in Precious. I can't say the same for most of the folks on this list.
|Perhaps this has all been a ploy to make women choose even 'trampier' Halloween costumes?|
7. Catwoman - Oh Halle, beautiful Halle. Some may disagree with me, but I think Halle would have made a great Catwoman, similar to Eartha Kitt, had she had a different script and especially a different costume. Whomever designed that costume should be forced to wear that horrid outfit everyday until the pleather straps disintegrate around them. The plot was oh so bizarre: Catwoman versus deadly face-cream? Come on.
|Flashdance this was NOT.|
5. Showgirls - Poor Elizabeth Berkley. This movie was the beginning and the end of her career. She has since gotten some television work and has guest-starred on several hit shows, but she's never had a starring role in another feature film. I guess it's just hard to take someone seriously after a movie like this. I'm not sure how some of the other actors came out unscathed, but it didn't seem to affect Kyle MacLachlan and Gina Gershon.
|Christian Slater and Tara Reid = blockbuster|
|Ben Affleck questioning his decision to act with then girlfriend Jennifer Lopez|
|The most unappetizing picture in the bunch (John Travolta and Forest Whitaker)|
And the worst movie I have ever had the misfortune of watching is...
I'm sorry, but I couldn't decide on which one was worse. Tied for the top spot is Fear Dot Com and Ballistic: Ecks v. Sever.
|Stephen Dorff used to have such a promising career. What happened?|
Interesting concept, but the writers were so sloppy and the direction was so bad that this movie is simply known as a "hot mess." In fact the writers were so sloppy that they didn't even do the simplest of research. They wrote one of the female victims as a hemophiliac, which is highly improbable in females, as women have two X-chromosomes. In fact, females are almost exclusively asymptomatic carriers of the disorder. The disorder primarily occurs in men because men only have one X-chromosome. Anywhoo, that's probably more science than you want to remember from the 5th grade and it's apparently more science than the screenwriters ever learned. The movie is bad for many other reasons, but the sloppy writing was the main culprit. Unfortunately for Stephen Dorff is in this movie too and thus is also in my top 10 worst list for the second time.
|Lucy Liu in Antonio Banderas battle who gets to kill their agents first.|
Lucy Liu and Antonio play two dueling government agents. Lucy Liu's character likes to blow stuff up. Antonio Banderas is trying to make Lucy Liu stopping blowing stuff up. That's it. That's the plot. To top it off, somehow the bad guy faked the death of both Antonio Banderas and Talia Soto, who play a married couple. Amazing, the bad guy convinced each of them that the other wasn't alive for seven years. Wouldn't they eventually see each other when they went home? Or perhaps sell the house they lived in? Run into a realtor? I don't know, it made absolutely no sense.
Dishonorable mentions - video games
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Street Fighter
- House of the Dead - another goodie from Uwe Boll. Uwe has the honor of gracing my list, not once but twice.
Dishonorable mentions - remakes
- Piranha (2010 Remake)
- Fog (2005 Remake)
- Godzilla (1998)
- Planet of the Apes (2001) - Tim Burton version
- Poseidon Adventure (2006)
- Invasion (2007) - Remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers
- Stepford Wives (2004)
- House of Wax (2005) - Two words (Paris Hilton).
- The Haunting (1999)
- The Hitcher (2007)
- Island of Dr. Moreau - (1996)
- The Wicker Man (2006)